About Carly Snyder, M.D.
Dr. Carly Snyder is a Board Certified reproductive and perinatal psychiatrist with a unique approach that combines traditional psychiatry with integrative medicine-based treatments. Dr. Snyder received her medical degree from NYU School of Medicine and completed a general psychiatry residency at Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center with additional reproductive psychiatry elective training at the Payne Whitney Women’s Program at NY Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center, where she remains voluntary faculty.
She maintains a private practice on the Upper East Side in NYC and is working virtually at this time.
Among many other honors and awards, Dr. Snyder is a 2023 New York Super Doctor and was a New York Super Doctors Rising Star for four consecutive years (2019-2022). She is a regular contributor and an oft-cited expert for many popular parenting websites and news outlets. Her radio show, MDforMoms, streams live weekly and is available as a podcast. Her original writing can be found on her website, Medium, and HuffPost blog, and many magazines and other outlets.
A former board member of Postpartum Support International, Dr. Snyder is currently on the Advisory Council and was also on the Board for Help Us Adopt. Dr. Snyder is also on the Verywell Medical Review Board and a member of the Independent Doctors of New York, Robyn network, and Women’s Mental Health Consortium.
Press & Video
- 10.13.22 – Heathline.com – Antidepressants in Pregnancy Not Linked to Neurological Issues in Children
- 05.23.22 – Verywell Mind – Mothers Who Breastfeed Have Lower Risk of Postpartum Depression, Research Shows
- 04.28.22 – Shape.com – What High-Functioning Depression Looks Like and How to Get Help
- 03.30.22 – Getmegiddy – Postpartum OCD May Not Be What You Think – What it is and How to Cope
- 03.15.22 – Verywell Family – 1 Year Old Child Development Milestones
- 11.19.21 – Verywell Family – Surviving First Trimester Symptoms With a Toddler Means Doing Whatever it Takes
- 09.19.21 – Verywell Family – How to Help Kids Transition When Moving to a New Home
- 08.27.21 – Verywell Family – What To Do When The Grandparents Disagree With Your Parenting
- 08.27.21- Verywell Family – How I Managed My Breastfeeding Guilt
- 07.12.21 – Verywell Family – 4 Ways To Focus On Your Relationship When The Kids Keep You Busy
- 06.24.21 – Verywell Family – How I Overcame Postpartum OCD and Intrusive Thoughts
- 03.29.21 – The Check Up by SingleCare – Is Cymbalta Safe For Breastfeeding?
- 03.09.21 – www.siriusxm.com/doctorradio – Sirius XM Doctor Radio’s Primary Care Medicine with Marina Kurian, MD and Rachel Lustgarten, RD.
- 02.09.21 – The New York Times – Is Valentines Day Canceled?
- 01.18.21 – eShadowing Webinar
- 12.18.20 – Verywell Mind: Male Managers Hold Greater Stigmas Against Workplace Depression, Study Finds
- 12.11.20 – Everyday Health: Study Explores Promising New Approach For Treating Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- 12.1.20 – Today.com: What I Wish I Knew Before Starting My Family
- 11.19.20 – The Doctors: The Silent Struggle of Miscarriage
- 11.15.20 – Wiki.ezvid.com: 5 Psychiatrists Educating The Public on Mental Health
- 10.07.20 – The New York Times: I am Jealous of the ‘Easy’ Pregnancy I Never Had
- 06.10.20 – Parenting Matters with Dr Phil Boucher podcast: Maternal Mental Health in the Era of COVID19 with Dr Carly Snyder
- 04.30.20 – WeAreRobyn.co: How To Assemble Your Fertility Journey “A Team.”
- 04.21.21 – Prenatal Yoga Center Yoga | Birth | Babies podcast: Trust Your Body and Release Control During Pregnancy and Birth with Dr. Carly Snyder
- 04.13.20 – InStyle.com: This Overlooked Condition Makes Women Irritable, Combative and Often Suicidal
- 04.05.20 – Dr. Cindy M.P. Duke, M.D., PhD, FACOG Facebook Live: The Psychological impact of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 Pandemic on Reproduction
- 03.31.20 – SingleCare.com: Is It Safe To Take Ibuprofen While On Zoloft?
- 03.18.20 – The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino: New York City mothers create fund to help local families during coronavirus outbreak.
- 01.31.20 – Editorial Review: Little Secret, Big Change: The Only Strategy You Need To Create A Healthy Relationship With Your Child
- 01.30.20 – Glamour.com: We’d All Be Better Moms If We Could Just Vent More
- 12.20.19 – Female Physicians Entrepreneur Podcast: Finding Your Niche
- 12.19.19 – ModernFertility.com: Fertility Stress and the Holidays: How to Protect Your Mental Health
- 12.16.19 – The Washington Post: Moms are Putting Off Care For Themselves, and Our Tough-It-Out Culture Isn’t Helping
- 12.12.19 – Robyn.com: What to Consider Before Trying for Baby Number Two
- 12.11.19 – Romper.com: How Experts Would Design a Mom Friendly Hospital
- 12.05.19 – Ovee.me: PMS vs. PMDD: Is it PMS or Something More Serious?
- 10.07.19 – New York Post (in print and online): A Healthy Pregnancy Begins Before Conception
- 09.24.19 – Bell Family Company: Empowerment And Balance As A Mom
- 08.31.19 – Zappos.com: Running Through Pregnancy From Trimester To Trimester
- 08.27.19 – Romper.com: 9 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Having Another Baby, According To Experts
- 08.04.19 – TransforMD.org: From Clinician To Writer, Radio Host and Entrepreneur: Meet Carly Snyder, MD – Reproductive and Perinatal Psychiatrist
- 08.01.19 – SingleCare.com: How Finding A Support System Can Boost Maternal Mental Health And Aid In Breastfeeding
- 07.28.19 – ‘This May Be Oversharing’ Podcast with Theodora Blanchfield: episode 14, Mood and Hormones with Carly Snyder, MD
- 07.19.19 – Romper.com: Blissiva Balance Pen Is A Cannabis Product For Women That’s Like ‘A Glass of Wine Without The Calories.’
- 06.10.19 – NY Times Parenting: Postpartum Depression Can Be Dangerous. Here’s How To Recognize It And Seek Treatment.
- 06.10.19 – mommybites.com: Tips For Coping Through Your Fertility Journey
- 06.01.19 – by Chloe Blog: Mood Stability While Facing Infertility
- 05.08.19 – Specialty Stories Podcast – A Look Into Community Reproductive Psychiatry
- 04.26.19 – m + a|edit: Coping With Infertility: 5 Things a Reproductive Psychiatrist Wants You to Know
- 04.01.19 – First for Women – family health: Allergy Soothers MD’s Swear By
- 03.26.19 – Romper.com: Treating Postpartum Depression Without Pharmaceuticals – Here’s What The Experts Say.
- 03.21.19 – m + a|edit: Anxiety and Depression During Pregnancy: What Every Woman Should Know
- 01.17.19 – TheFix.com: Not Crazy: How I Overcame My Double Standard About Taking Psychiatric Medication
- 12.03.18 – Motherly.com: Want To Help New Families? Start By Supporting Mothers’ Mental Health
- 10.23.18 – Popsugar.com: This Common Disease Could Be The Reason You’re So Anxious, And Treating It Could Help
- 10.09.18 – Care.com: 6 Ways To Deal With The Guilt Of Leaving Your Child In Someone Else’s Care
- 09.20.18 – Mother.ly: The Five Stages of Grief After A Miscarriage
- 09.04.18 – The Atlantic: When Postpartum Depression Doesn’t Go Away
- 09.04.18 – Marijuana.com: Cannabis and The Body: Why New Moms Need To Lay Off The Marijuana During and After Pregnancy
- 07.10.18 – EveryMom.com: Baby Blues and Postpartum Depression: What Every Mom Needs To Know
- 07.06.18 – Mental Speak Radio: Curing Mental Illness Stigma
- 06.27.18 – Today’s Parent: The Introverted Mom’s Newborn Survival Guide
- 06.18.18 – wellrounded.com: I’m A Doctor And I Think Breast Isn’t Always Best
- 06.14.18 – WVOX-AM Wake Up, Westchester Radio
- 06.06.18 – SheKnows – Parenting Rules You Can Feel Free to Break
- 06.04.18 – Fatherly.com: Is It Irresponsible To Have a Child If You Are Depressed?
- 06.01.18 – medium.com – Capsule Cares: Dear Doctor: Carly Snyder
- 05.23.18 – NYPost.com: How To Keep Kids Away From Your iPhone Screen
- 05.21.18 – Mainstream Mental Health Radio: Why Do New Dads Suffer From Postpartum Depression?
- 05.17.18 – NYPost.com – How Women Over 40 Can Save The Human Race
- 05.17.18 – Parents.com: 9 Habits Of Healthy Families
- 05.09.18 – Yahoo.com: How model Tess Holliday has PPD despite her ’baby’ being a toddler
- 05.08.18 – Romper.com: Can The Link Between Movement + Memory Help Us Find Ourselves After Birth?
- 04.26.18 – Today.com: ‘You Know What You Are Missing:’ The Pain Of Secondary Infertility Is Real
- 04.24.18 – GMA: Dear Princess Kate: Some Advice From Moms Of 3
- 04.02.18 – Mother.ly: 5 Steps To Gaining Control When You Are Feeling Anxious, Mama
- 04.02.18 – Mother.ly: New Moms Aren’t Getting Enough Sleep, But That Can (and should!) Change
- 03.15.18 – girlboss: How to Stop Letting Your Anxiety Make Decisions For You
- 03.05.18 – Romper: 7 Weird Dreams That People With Anxiety Have In Common & What They Mean
- 03.02.18 – Thriveworks: Overcome Crippling Self-Doubt: 6 Professional Tips
- 02.21.18 – The Womb Happy Hour Radio Show with Lorraine Giordano
- 02.19.18 – Mom and Mind Podcast with Dr. Kat: Postpartum Anxiety
- 02.15.18 – Parents Magazine (March 2018 edition and online): How To Deal With New Mom Stress
- 01.13.18 – The Savvy Shrink Radio Show with Andrea Schneider: Women’s Reproductive Mental Health: Supporting Emotional Well Being
- 01.03.18 – Patient.info: How To Cope With Anxiety In Pregnancy
- 12.20.17 – Yahoo Lifestyle: “I Have Postpartum Depression, And The Holidays Are Hell”
- 12.18.17 – Headstuff.org: Everything We Should Know About Postpartum Depression And The Winter Months.
- 12.12.17 – Mind Body Green: 5 Common Myths About The Mental Health of New Moms
- 11.9.17 – Naturna.com: Holistic Medicine With Dr Carly Snyder
- 10.30.17 – Her Radio with Dr Pamela Peeke & Michelle King Robson: Baby Loss: Dealing with the Aftermath
- 10.03.17 – Romper: 5 Ways To Teach Your Child To Trust Their Instincts, According to Experts
- 09.29.17 – Romper: What Should You Do When You Get A Bad Feeling About Another Parent?
- 09.26.17 – Mission Unstoppable Radio with Frankie Picasso
- 08.11.17 – The Ed Tyll Radio Show
- 07.28.17 – NYMag.com / Science of Us: When Medication Side Effects Make You Rethink What It Means To Have A ‘Good Life.’
- 06.06.17 – Genneve: What’s PTSD Got to Do With Menopause?
- 05.13.17 – Risa Klein, The Manhattan Midwife: Happy Mother’s Day, Happy Birthing Day
- 05.10.17 – Mother Nature Network: Here’s How Yo-Yo Dieting Affects Your Body (And Your Mind)
- 05.08.17 – PSI Guest Blog: PACT for the Cure – PPD ACT
- 04.25.17 – Naturna Institute, YouTube TV: Interview with Dr. Carly Snyder
- 04.2017 – NY Lifestyles Magazine: Banishing the Baby Blues (online and in print)
- 03.10.17 – Doctor’s Choice Awards YouTube TV: An Interview with NY Psychiatrist Dr. Carly Snyder
- 03.01.17 – City Pages: The River of Secrets Around One Mother and Two Floating Minnesota Babies
- 01.31.17 – Cosmopolitan Magazine (Feb 2017 issue): 7 Weird Reasons You Can’t Focus
- 01.27.17 – Sivana Blog: I’m Carly Snyder, And This Is My Dharma
- 12.16.16 – Reader’s Digest: 7 Signs You Shouldn’t Trust The Health Advice You Just Found On The Web
- 08.04.16 – Today Parents: You’re not alone: Parents with mental illness share what they wish they’d known.
- 06.21.16 – The New York Post: Yes, Prenatal Depression Is A Thing
- 06.20.16 – Self: 8 Subtle Signs You Might Be Depressed
- 05.26.16 – Mashable: Why New Parents Shouldn’t Feel So Guilty About Sleep Training
- 03.08.16 – Self: Hayden Panettiere: Postpartum Depression Is ‘One Of The Most Debilitating, Scary, Guilty Feelings.’
- 01.19.16 – Self: Hayden Panettiere Bravely Got Real About Postpartum Depression
- 01.07.16 – Yahoo: Antidepressants During Pregnancy: What Expectant Moms Should Know
- 10.25.15 – Mashable: Having a Baby is Beautiful, But Postpartum Emotions Are So Hard
- 08.19.14 – Practitioner Spotlight: Dr. Carly Snyder, M.D.
- 07.07.14 – Dr. Snyder on PIX 11
- 06.30.14 – Relationships Matter with Dr. Annie Abram: Postpartum Depression And Its Treatment
For press inquiries, please fill out the contact form.
Consent for Care
Consent to Release Information
New Patient Registration